Get Rid of Dry Eyes Permanently Through These Treatments…
Dry eye is a condition where an individual is unable to produce enough tears to lubricate or nourish the eyes. Our eyes always need a layer of tears coating them to keep them lubricated and avoid the entry of dust and other irritants. A lack of this layer can lead to dry eyes and irritation in the affected person’s eyes. Tears lubricated our eyes and it occurs when quantity of tears fails to keep the surface of the eye adequately lubricated.
Causes of Dry Eyes
Here are some main causes of Dry Eyes are listed the make our eyes dried.
- Medical conditions
- Hormonal changes:
- Laser eye surgery
- Eyelids that do not close properly
- Dry air
- Smoke and other pollution
- Constant exposure to wind or dry air
- Not blinking for a long time
- Long-term use of contact lens
- Staring at the computer screen for too long
- A deficiency in vitamins A and D
Symptoms of Dry Eyes
The most common dry eye symptoms include:
- Scratchy feeling
- Stinging or burning
- Blurred vision
- Watery eyes
- Thick mucus
- Sensitivity to light
- Trouble wearing contact lenses
- Poor vision at night
- Pain in the eyes
- Eyes become irritated and red
- Unusual tearing of the eyes
Dry Eyes Treatment
You can cure your Dry Eyes by these simple steps.
- Stay Hydrated
- Eat More Healthy Fats
- Avoid Smoke, Pollution, and Wind
- Avoid Dry Air
- Wash Your Eyelids and Use a Warm Compress
- Reduce TV and Computer Time
Dry Eyes Treatment through Home Remedies
- Put one drop or two of a 100% organic castor oil in your eyes.
- If you have not pure castor oil you may also use lubricating eye drops which are made of castor oil. You should try this remedy 2-3 times daily.
Cucumber is one of the best remedies for treating dry eyes. It is rich in water that helps to soothe your eyes. It also contains vitamin A that is helpful to make your eyes more soothe.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into round slices shape.
- Close your eyes and put them on your closed eyes.
- To feel relax you can try this 2-3 times daily.
You have need of 1 teaspoon of dried chamomile herb, 1 cup of hot water and some cotton pads.
- Add a teaspoon of dried chamomile herb in a cup of hot water.
- Left it too steep for at least 10 minutes.
- Now strain it and cool it in a refrigerator.
- Now dip cotton pads in the tea.
- Place them on your closed eyes and leave them for 10 to 15 minutes.
- You can try this remedy for 3-4 times daily.
The use of yogurt can nourish your eyes and treat them to become Dry Eyes. It has vitamin B and D a best source of treating Dry Eyes. You must use yogurt in your food at least once daily.
Aloe Vera gel has many benefits and it is the most widely used home remedy by everyone. Aloe Vera is a natural antioxidant that protect our eyes from radical damages.
- Cut a small piece of aloe Vera gel and apply it on your eyelids.
- You can try this remedy twice a day.
Related Article|Main Eye Parts and their Functions| Human Eyes Functions