Using contact lenses is now a trend as well a basic need for some people. So, you have to pick the lenses that really suit your eyes. That is why it is worth considering the types of lenses and their cons and pros so that you could get the best thing that suits you.
However, there are fundamentally two types of contact lenses. We are going to discuss the types of lenses, how to use and what are the things you should keep in your mind while using contact lenses?
Types of Contact Lenses
Basically, there are two types of contact lenses:
Disposable Contact Lenses
Disposable contact lenses are the lenses which can be used once and after using them you have to throw them away. And start your new day with new & fresh lenses that are the most hygienic and healthy way to wear contact lenses. Moreover, there is no need to store them or clean them because they are particularly designed for the active and busy lifestyle.
Reusable Contact Lenses
Reusable contact lenses are the lenses which can be reused after using once. Take them out and clean them at the end of each day. Moreover, how long you can use them and when to replace them are the most important questions here, so, you have to follow the instructions given by your optician.
So, the best thing about the reusable contact lenses is that they are the most cost effective choice of a lens made for everyday use.
Guide about Contact Lenses
How to choose the Contact Lenses?
The basic details about the types of lenses have been discussed. We hope to know it may be pretty much clear to you. So, according to us better take advice from your optician because he/she is your only best place to advise you on which contact lenses are suitable for you. Moreover, your optician will recommend you the best contact lens which will suit your eyes and help in improving vision.
How to get Contact Lenses?
The best way of getting contact lenses is as directed by your optician. Because he or she will prescribe you the lens that must fit your eyes and suit your vision needs. Therefore, the optician’s prescription is the best way of getting contact lenses.
An eye examination is an essential part because your optician will check your vision and eye health. They will likewise make sure contact lenses are suitable for your vision correction needs.
Your eyes can provide a unique window into your general health, so your optician will be looking for signs you are physically healthy too.
Contact Lens Fitting & Size
Your contact lenses prescription indicates the vision correction. Moreover, you also need to know about the measurements of your eyes & ensure that you get the contact lenses with the right curvature and diameter for an effective, comfortable fit.
The size of the of the lens matters a lot so, the first time when you will wear contact lenses it will take a little time to settle. Moreover, your optician will leave you with the trial lenses for at least 10 minutes to ensure that they comfortably fit.
How to Wear Contact Lenses?
Putting in and taking out your contact lenses is not as difficult as you think you just have to take care as the eye is one of the most sensitive parts of a body. However, you will be used to of putting in and taking out your contact lenses in no time as your optician will give you a complete demonstration to show you how to do it.
Moreover, they may give you some written instructions to follow and take them to home so that you could easily put in and take out your contact lenses as instructed.
Caring for Disposable and Reusable Contact Lenses
As per caring is concerned there is no such rocket science in it, it’s simple and easy. Caring depends on what you wear.
Disposable Contact Lenses
If you opted the disposable contact lenses then there is nothing like their cleaning etc. Disposable contact lenses can be used easily and at the end of each day, you have to discard them a start your new day with new and fresh contact lenses. At some point, using disposable contact lenses seems a bit more hygienic and healthy for eyes.
Reusable Contact Lenses
If you are using reusable contact lenses then, in this case, you have to clean them time to time. Always use an appropriate solution to maintain excellent lens comfort and eye health. However, cleaning your contact easy lenses is very easy.
Just follow a step by step guide for cleaning your contact lenses:
• First of all, make sure that your hands are clean and dry.
• Now you have to fill up each chamber of your contact lens case with fresh contact lens disinfecting solution.
• Always begin with the same eye every time you put in or remove your contact lenses to avoid mixing them up. Moreover, clean your contact lenses immediately after you remove them.
• Now, place the lens in the clean, dry palm of your hand.
• Use prescribed contact lens disinfecting solution.
• Gently rub the lens back and forth on your palm by using a finger to clean the lens surfaces.
• Now, after rubbing rinse your lens thoroughly with a few more drops of the prescribed disinfecting solution.
• Put the lens into your clean contact lens case. So, now you have cleaned one of your contact lenses.
• Repeat this procedure for your other lens.
• Close the case and leave your lenses to soak overnight.
• Now, one of the most important things which people usually neglect is cleaning of your contact lens case.
• Always ensure cleaning of your contact lenses cases too whenever you clean your contact lenses.
• Discard the old solution from your contact lens case and rinse the case with fresh contact lens solution.
• Now, air-dry it by putting upside down on a clean tissue.
• Above all, Always replace your contact lens case on a regular basis, usually every month
- Never use tap water to clean your contact lenses or lens case.
- Refer to your contact lens solution instruction guide for further information.
- Read instructions about how long to soak your contact lenses. Moreover, also read about how often you should change the solution if you don’t wear them every day.