Complete Details of Eyelid Bumps or Blisters (Treatment of Eye Bumps)
Eyelid Bumps are simply painful pimples and red lumps at the edge of eyelid. Eyelid Bumps are painful or irritating pimples but is usually harmless. Bacteria or a blockage in the oil glands of the eyelid causes most eyelid bumps. Sometimes they are made by surrounding skin that is inflamed, red, irritated, or swollen. All details of Eyelid Bumps, its types, causes, symptoms and treatment are here.
Types of Eyelid Blisters or Bumps
There are three types of common Eyelid Blisters. The most common Eyelid blisters are as:
One of the most common types of Eyelid Bumps is a styes. It occurs when bacteria get into the oil glands in the eyelids. If you have watery vision and a bump near or around your eyelashes then you have styes. These are like pimples small in size and sore while to touch them.
If you feel pimples on your upper eyelid then it is a chalazion. It occurs when the oil producing glands or tear gland in the eyelids become blocked. These pimples are filled with fluid. They do not create any cause or pain but interfere with your vision depends on its size.
Yellow or clear bubbles on eyelids known as xanthelasma. They occur when certain fats build up under the skin. These Eyelid Bumps or blisters are common in older adults and usually harmless.
Common Symptoms of Eyelid Bumps
Most eyelid bumps appear as red color pimples and occur along the edge of the eyelid. The major symptoms are:
- Watery eyes
- Scratchy sensation
- Sensitivity to light
- Trouble in seeing
- Eyes hurt even in low lighting
Major Causes of Eyelid Bumps
- Styes occur when bacteria get into the oil glands in the eyelids.
- Stress and hormonal changes can also a cause of styes.
- Skin Cancer also can cause styes and chalazia but it is in rare cases.
- Chalazia occurs when the oil producing glands or tear gland in the eyelids become blocked
- Xanthelasma occur when certain fats build up under the skin.
Treatment of Eyelid Blisters
- Visit a doctor and diagnose a styes or chalazion through medical treatment.
- Hold a warm compress on styes or chalazion for few minutes in a day.
- If you have a large styes or chalazion then surgery is also an option to get rid of these Eyelid Bumps.
- Massage the swollen area gently to help drain the clogged gland.
- Avoid using eye makeup & skin creams and avoid wearing contact lenses.
- Take off eye makeup before you go to bed.
- Clean your lenses before using them again through any contact lens accessories.
Related Article|Get Rid of Swollen Eyelid| Symptoms, Causes and Treatment