Swollen Eyes or Eyelids Causes, Treatments, and Remedies
Swollen eyes and eyelids cause embarrassment and kill the beautiful look of yours. Sometimes you wonder why it happens even your eyes are not hurtled by anything. So, when the fluid of the eyes starts gathering in the tissue of the eye or eyelid, it becomes puffy. However, eye swelling is a normal problem which may release within 24 hours. Mostly, it happens in the upper or lower eyelids or sometimes in both. However, if your eyes are swollen more than 1-2 days, then you should consult your doctor because it may be some other eye problem.
Causes of Swollen Eyes:
There are many causes of swollen eyes. Some are seasonal, some allergic and others are caused by some other diseases.
- Allergic problems.
- Some injuries like Trauma-related.
- Eye cancer (Severe Condition).
- Eye Infections or sty.
- Damaged or harmful contact lenses.
- Nephritic Syndrome.
- Stress and excessive weeping.
Swollen Eyes Symptoms:
It starts with some sign which may alert you to this problem.
- Puffy eyes.
- You feel difficult to close your eyes.
- Discomfort or irritating eyes.
- Eye pain or a migraine.
- Blurry vision.
- Some redness around the eyes.
- Burning sensation.
- Fever and headache.
Home Remedies or Preventions:
Before you start consulting with your doctor, it is recommended to cure it at your home first. if you don’t feel any relief, then you should go to your doctor. Mostly, it gets cured within 24 hours but the usage of some remedies may help you to get rid of this before that time period.
- First of all, try to put some cold pack over the eye.
- Secondly, wash your face with water but add some ice cube in it.
- Moreover, try to take some foods which contains some minerals.
- If the problem arises due to allergy, try to cure allergy rather than eyes.
- Try to drink as much water as you can. Hence, this will help you to clean your body system.
- Does some eye exercise, try to close and open the eyes for few minutes. Moreover, try to press the eyes or eyelids with your fingers gently.
- Puffy Eye Creams.
- Take Vitamin A, E, and B12 pills.
- Eye Drops.
Related Article | How to Get Rid of Eye Pain (Causes, Symptoms, Treatments)