A check card reversal at Bank of America is a process that allows you to have a charge that was made to your card reversed. This can be done if the charge was unauthorized, fraudulent, or incorrect.
There are a few different ways to dispute a card charge at Bank of America:
Ways to dispute check
- Online: Log in to your Bank of America account and click on the “Dispute this transaction” link next to the charge you want to dispute.
- Mobile app: Open the Bank of America mobile app and tap on the “Menu” icon. Then, tap on “View My Claim” and “Dispute a Transaction.”
- Phone: Call Bank of America customer service at 1-800-432-1000.
Once you have disputed the charge, Bank of America will investigate the matter. They may contact the merchant or you for more information. If Bank of America finds in your favor, the charge will be reversed and your account will be credited. If Bank of America finds against you, you will be responsible for the charge.
What are the reasons?
- Unauthorized charge: This means that someone else made the charge without your permission.
- Fraudulent charge: This means that someone used your card information to make a charge without your permission.
- Incorrect charge: This means that the merchant charged you the wrong amount or for the wrong item.
- Duplicate charge: This means that you charged for the same transaction twice.
If you notice a charge on your Bank of America card statement that you don’t recognize or that you believe unauthorized, it’s important to dispute the charge as soon as possible. The sooner you dispute the charge, the better your chances of getting it reversed.
What are the basic tips?
- When you dispute a charge, be sure to explain why you are disputing it and provide any supporting documentation you have.
- It can take some time for Bank of America to investigate a disputed charge.
- If you have any questions or problems disputing a charge, you can contact customer service for assistance.
How to avoid check card reversals
There are a few things you can do to avoid check card reversals:
- Only use your check card at trusted merchants.
- Be careful when entering your check card information online. Make sure the website is secure before entering your information.
- Review your check card statement regularly. This will help you to spot any unauthorized or fraudulent charges immediately.
- Keep your check card information safe. Don’t share your check card number or PIN with anyone.
By following these tips, you can help to protect yourself from check card reversals.