Make Your Eyes Healthy by Avoiding The Pink Eye Problem…
Eyes are one of the most integral part of every living being in this earth, if we have any pain in our eyes then we feel uncomfortable for the whole day. If we talk about the eye problems then Pink Eye is more common among all. It is a common eye condition that causes painful, red and itchy eyes. Major causes of this problem are bacteria, viruses or allergies moreover, it can be in both adults and children.
The widely spread types of this eye problem are allergic, viral and bacterial and these are all highly contagious if proper treatment can’t apply. Each type of pink eye takes a different length of time to clear up.
Major Causes of Pink Eyes
- Firstly, if your eye caused by bacteria then it will take about 24 to 48 hours before symptoms improve once a person is on antibiotics.
- Secondly, it the eye caused by a virus it takes from a few days to more than a week to resolve.
- Thirdly, the eye that results from an allergy will normally clear as the other allergy symptoms lessen.
Types of Pink Eye
There are three main types of pink eyes as:
1. Allergic Pink Eye
The main allergens of allergic pink eye are grass, animal dander, mold, ragweed, dust and tree pollen. Furthermore, this type is not contagious when it is caused by allergies.
2. Viral Pink Eye
Here is the second type as viral pink eye in which viruses are responsible for this problem.
The viruses that are responsible for this type include:
- Adenovirus (by far the most common)
- Herpes virus (uncommon but more dangerous)
In this type people can get viral pink eye from an infection that spreads from nose to the eyes. It may also be occurred via droplets from a cough or sneeze that land directly on the eye. This type of eye infection can last a few days to about 2 weeks depending on the severity of the infection.
3. Bacterial Pink Eye
A bacterial pink eye infection can last about 10 days without treatment. However, bacterial pink eye can be cure in a few days with proper treatment. If it is does not improve quickly with antibiotic drops then it will be viral rather than bacterial.
To follow these tips you can also Cure Dry Eyes Permanently with Natural Treatments.
The bacterial pink eye spreads from one person to another by following conditions:
- By sharing personal hygiene or other items
- Using unclean or old makeup that has collected bacteria
- Touching the eye with dirty hands
All about Contagious
After the proper treatment and antibiotics its symptoms are still present then a person is considered to be contagious. That is harmful for one’s eye, moreover swelling around the eye may be a sign that a person is still contagious.
Signs of Contagious:
Here are some basic signs of contagious that should be kept in mind:
- Heavily discharge from the eyes
- Crusty eyelashes and lids
- Swelling around the eyes
- Burning sensation
- Tearing up
- Redness or pinkness in the whites of the eyes
- Feeling irritation of the eyes
Prevention of Pink Eye
The problems of pink eyes depend on the type and severity of the infection. Mild cases can be clear on their own with no medication within a few days for both viral and bacterial pink eyes. Allergic pink eyes often clear when allergic reactions are controlled.
- When your eye heals you may follow the following:
- You can use cold or hot compresses to reduce swelling
- The use of artificial tears add more moisture and ease symptoms. You may also try these.
- Use a separate clean cloth to wipe your eyes
- Use eye drops with antihistamine
- Must clean and disinfect all eyewear
- Don’t share your personal items such as towels, blankets, pillowcases, makeup, or makeup brushes
- Always throw out any disposable contact lenses and old makeup
- Don’t use make-up and contact lens until the infection clears
- Stay home from school or workplace until your symptoms clear up